In this game there is a crocodile head with a big mouth. When the mouth is up there are a bunch of teeth on the bottom. The goal of the game is to press down on a tooth without having the crocodile's mouth snap shut.
1) How much fun it is to play?
This is loads of fun to play. The children squeal with delight whenever the mouth snaps - whether on their hand or someone else's. They don't even care if they lose because it is such a quick game they just open the mouth (which resets the teeth) and play again.
2) The couch cushion ratio - How many pieces of the game can be lost down the Couch Cushion Black Hole and the game still be playable?
Highest rating. There are literally NO pieces - just the crocodile head. This is every parent's dream.
3) How much setup is required each time you play?
Highest rating. There is no setup at all. You just lift the crocodile's head.
4) How many directions need to be grok'ed before you can start play?
You don't even need to glance at the directions. It's very obvious how to play.
5) Educational value.
This is the only negative - there is no educational value. Of course, I think that there should be a mix of educational and just plain fun games in a toy repertoire. So for me, this is not a big negative for this game.
6) How much setup is required the first time?
Again - High ratings. There is no initial setup at all. You pull it out of the box and it's ready to play. No stickers to apply. No twist ties to undo. No parts to put together.
7) How much does it cost?[NEW]
This game is very reasonably priced. You can get it for about $10 at amazon or about $15 at a toy store.
Overall Rating: 10/10 It really is fun for the whole family. My children don't even mind playing it alone.